Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Journey of the Nursery

Well the nursery is now 95% finished. I'm still looking for shades, a rug, and a recliner. But that is no biggie.

Now for anyone that has gone baby shopping in the last 12 months knows the "The Jungle Theme" has taken over every square inch of the store, especially on the little boys side. But I just wasn't feeling it.

I was in Burlington Coat Factory when I saw these two pictures painted on canvas. Two little bunnies, one rubbing his eye and looking at the moon and a sheep looking at a falling star. I knew immediately that, that was my theme! Moons and stars. I quickly found the lamp as well that went with the set. Good news, the two pics and lamp cost a total of 15 bucks, bad news the entire line was discontinued over a YEAR ago...Well crap!

So the hunt continued:

Then I went to LoneStar Baby and found the Moon picture frame and the "I love you to the moon and back" blue wall decoration. THAT WAS IT for that entire store for moons and stars...I was like Grrr!!!

BabiesRUs
had the moons and stars ceiling mobile and the light switch covers along with the night light and that was IT FOR MOONS AND STARS AGAIN!

Then I found the bedding on Amazon and the stars and moon that are on the wall.

The Hey DIddle Diddle Wall Decoration came from BuyBuyBaby.

Then 4 weeks later I was BACK to burlington coat factory looking for baby clothes and I found all the light green baskets in their BATHROOM section that matched the hat of the moon on the picture frame perfectly! So I bought the baskets and the hamper! I also found the blue sheer curtains at burlington that day as well, thank God

Here are the pictures :)



















1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My husband and I just got the news! Baby on Board! Watch out world!