Saturday, November 14, 2009

A full loaf

I've started this blog at the suggestion of my mother (The Queen). The events leading to this blog are as follows:

Wed, November 11th 2009 at 7pm I took a clear blue easy pregnancy test. I was 5 days late and had a Copper IUD in place (Paragaurd). Any other pregnancy test I've ever taken because I'm paranoid have always turned out negative and I get my period THAT day and I've wasted 13 bucks. One Wed. this was not the case. That damn test turned positive within 2 seconds of my pee soaking in to the test strip! Like another other technology crazed person of the year 2009 I grabbed my cell phone and took shaky pictures of the positive test.



A night of panic attack ridden sleep commenced.

Thursday Nov. 12th 11am. My husband and I are at the Dr. office waiting to be seen. Finally after an hour and a half, two bathroom breaks and five smoke breaks (for him, not me) the sonogram tech called us in.

The sonogram revealed that the IUD was sticking OUT of my cervix. Are you getting the picture? Good. Because I was only 4 weeks pregnant the tech could not locate the baby and verify that it was in my uterus and NOT in one of my tubes. I cried.

Then we went in to see the Dr. She pulled the IUD out and guess what! It didn't fold up like it was suppose to and hurt like a bitch. However, there was NO bleeding at all! I was so happy that the removal did not cause a miscarriage.

The Dr. also told me that because the IUD was so far down in the uterus that there is a VERY VERY good chance the baby is NOT in the tube and is in the upper/mid section of the uterus.

The drew blood to check HCG levels and I have to go back Monday for more blood work to confirm the pregnancy is progressing normally. We have to keepan eye out for cramping and bleeding and if this occures I MUST go to the hospitial ASAP.

So there you have it! We are still anxiously waiting to make sure the baby is in a safe place. Prayers are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My husband and I just got the news! Baby on Board! Watch out world!